Friday, June 7, 2013

We're Not Alone


Did you know that 1 in 50 people are diagnosed with trichotillomania?
And those are just the people who actually know what it is and realize it has a name.  My husband just spoke to one of his best friends yesterday and found out that he has been pulling some of his facial hair out from the neck area for years.  He didn't know there was a name for what he was doing.  I'd be really interested to see if he decides to change up his diet and if it has any effect on his urges to pull.  I hope he doesn't mind I'm using his story but this whole thing is just fascinating to me!
Confession:  I am also a “cheek biter”.   I bit the inside of my cheek the whole time I was writing this.  I don’t even know I’m doing it sometimes until the damage is done.  I am also changing my diet along with my daughter in hopes that it will help me as well.

We have the NEAT test on Monday, I can’t wait to see what we find out.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your story or comment here. Remember, keep your comments positive!